Tuesday 29 March 2011

fractal friendship

Fractal Geometry right in the back yard ! Gazing into this mandala that mother earth made , I wonder .... everything grows in this same fractal way , everything is essentially the same and interconnected.

These words are easily used , but are they really , truely understood ?  What does it mean to be interconnected? Am I the same as the man down the street and the baby in the pram ? Why have we become so disconnected , we live so separately , there are people completely unaware of even there next door neighbours. Many people don't want to get to know each other , and many simply don't have enough time for each other ... I recently heard someone mention they have enough friends and don't want any more ....Why is it so hard to really connect with people?

Will we only connect if faced with a catastrophe or crisis? Why wait ?

We are all made of the same stuff from the same place , but we are so unique and individualised that it becomes so difficult to see the interconnectedness of our universe, lives and selves  ...

Geometry helps me to meditate on this interconnectedness, mandalas help see the woven nature of forms and shapes and cultures and people and places and everything , e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.....

1 comment:

  1. I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart. It made me sentimental. Thanks for posting.

    nadine

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete